Sunday, May 4, 2014

Gelato™ Thanks

Here's another card I made at Saturday's crop:


I had brought my Gelatos™ with me, and some water color paper, so I used them for the current CAS Colours & Sketches challenge:


I used three of the four colors from my 50s Diner Gelatos™ set. I first scribbled them onto the smooth side of a piece of water color paper, then used a small wet brush to smooth out the colors. They do overlap a bit, and I got a little of the yellow mixed in with the blue in a few places, but I think that's kinda cool.

After it dried, I stamped the sentiment in black, and when I got home (well, today, not last night) I added some Neat & Tangled sequins.

Is this really CAS? I think so. All I did was scribble a few lines of color, add some water, then stamp a bold sentiment. I'll leave that to the challenge judges to decide for sure, though.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Hero Arts Big All Time Greetings (I can't find it online anywhere, sorry), Neat & Tangled sequins, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. Perfect! I'll have to try using the water and brush since my fingers just don't blend geletos very good. I love it and know I'll have to CASE this. So pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! How's the weather up there? I will be spending a few days in Mt. Vernon with my daughter and grandson this week. I hope there won't be snow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, very creative too - a lovely way to use our colours this week at CC&S - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh!
    my!
    GOSH!!!!!!!!!!
    (this is BEYOND FAB!!!)
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic, bold card Leslie!
    Thanks for joining in at CAS - Colours and Sketches! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY cool use of the Gelatos! I should use mine more than I do. (I tend to eat the dessert version of gelato a lot more often than use the arts & crafts version of Gelato... :p ) Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab creative card , oozing with fun and style, thanks for using our challenge colours and for sharing with us at CC&S

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card - love the background! Thanks for playing along at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)