Tuesday, May 13, 2014

SOS #151: Sing it to Me

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's title is Sing It To Me, and we'd like you to make a card or other project inspired by a song. Make sure to tell us which song!

In my world, I had too many options. I originally wanted to do the theme song for Green Acres, and I'd even dug out an old farm image set (I needed to shop my stash, right?), but every attempt failed me, and I got tired of making pretty trash.

I then moved on to my second option. You see, since moving back to Ohio, I've been listening to a great Country radio station. It has 50 minutes of music every hour, and I love it. After I'd scrapped my farm idea, I was driving somewhere and heard Brantley Gilbert's Bottoms Up, and knew I had a chance.

I dug out my old old old martini stamp and associated sentiment and made this:


I was pretty pleased with myself for finding these stamps. Also, for more stash points, the background was one I'd made for the current Online Card Class: Watercolor for Card Makers, and it didn't make the cut, but I didn't want to toss it, so I used it here.  For added stash points, I have a roll of Tim Holtz Frosted Film that I was enabled to need via this post by Stephanie Klouck, and I've never used it, until now.

I cut the card base down so it looked better with the size of the matted water colored background. It ended up being 3 7/8" x 4 7/8".

Here's my attempt to show you the Frosted Film layer I put over the top of the martini glass:


I stamped the glass on the back of the film release paper so when I cut it out, I only had the shape and none of the stamped detail. I was lucky the glass was pretty symmetrical. You can also see how my water coloring on the olive oozed outside of the lines. ;/

So, got a song in your head? Why not use it to make a card? There are soooo many options. Oh, here's another one: another song I heard that is just screaming to be made into a card: Drunk on a Plane. It has possibilities, doesn't it?

I hope you play along with us at SOS. Please stop by the other ladies' blogs and leave them some blog comment love.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Inky Antics sentiment, $1 stamp from who knows where (maybe Mike's),


10 comments:

  1. Super card, love that background and the frosted film looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh *YOWZA*!!! this is a show-stopper of a card, or should i say song-stopper??!?! (except that doesn't really MEAN anything, but still it kind of works better with this week's theme, lol) love*LOVE*love this!!!!!!!!

    ps: i'm weighing the "good news, bad news" aspect of a non-sat radio station with 50 minutes of music per hour!!!! (AWESOME) but... it's... ahem... (gah!) COUNTRY MUSIC! (b/c country music is my pink, missus!) :) :) :) (i will say they do have the BEST TITLES ever, tho! totally hard to beat!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is scroll stoppingly beautiful. The background is gorgeous. I like the idea of stash points. I may start scoring my cards that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background rocks - I'm sure you totally MEANT TO DO THAT! It really makes the martini glass pop! What an awesome card! (And I don't say that only because I also made a drink related card! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! That martini glass is cool and that background is wonderful. I thought it was patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh I do love that watercolour background! Fantastic!!
    Glad there's another country music fan in our bunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, glad you saved that watercolor background it works perfectly here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this card and am sad that this is not a sentiment I could use with OWH or I'd be guying it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That background is PERFECT for this - pretty much everything looks that way from the floor! Love that frosted film stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh! Green Acres and drunk on a Plane!? Please I'm begging you make these cards!! we need to see them : ) Come on we need more giggles in our lives!

    Great card I just love your watercolor background! wowie!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)