Friday, May 9, 2014

Birthday Cod

Way back in my farmers market days, I made a lot of cards using my River City Rubber Works set of  Cod* sentiments. I can only find the individual sentiments on their site, now. :(   But now that my card sales are picking up at the local coffee shop, I thought I'd go back to some old standbys and play with these.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


The fish is a separate, wooden stamp, and the sentiments I have are a collection of clear stamps. I stamped the fish with black ink onto white card stock, cut him out, colored him with a Distress marker, then popped him up on dimensional adhesive.

The wave stamp is from the Simon Says Stamp Nautical Borders set, and stamped in SSS Surf Blue Ink onto Surf Blue card stock. The river grass image is from the Hero Arts Oceans of Joy set, and stamped with Hero Arts Soft Green.

I layered it onto a piece of Kraft card stock to tie in with the Cod's color, then put it on a white card base. Now that I look at it, I think I should have stamped the sentiment in a dark brown instead of black. Next time!

I'm kinda liking this set again. I'm sure you'll see more over the next few months.

Thanks for stopping by!

* I think I read too much historical fiction. When I typed Cod, my brain said "codpiece". ;/

Products used: Cod by River City Rubber Works, sentiment by River City Rubber Works, SU Kraft/CrumbCake card stock, SU Dimensionals, and the following:



3 comments:

  1. Buahahaha! cod/codpiece!!! Your footnotes are the best! I love this card, and I think I'm going to have to CASE it, because my older brother's birthday is next week, and I JUST realized it! Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the punny cards, this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Codpiece! I love all the elements on this card. I may “need” those waves.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)