Tuesday, May 6, 2014

OCC: Watercolor For Card Makers - Homework, Days 1 & 2

[For today's SOS post, please scroll down, or click here.]


Yep, it's another Online Card Class. This time it's Watercolor for Card Makers, and let me tell you: the first two days have been packed with so many examples, I wasn't sure where to start. I finally tried Jennifer's resist technique from Day 2.

Here's my card:


The specks of blue on the clouds are undoubtedly due to the age of my resist medium - probably 10 years old or older. I blended three Distress blues on the background, then after it dried I stamped the sentiment with Memento Luxe Gray Flannel.

You really need to take this class. Really. The OCC classes are always worth every penny.

Wow, I've done my homework on time. Let's see if I can keep this up.

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the clouds for your resist, Leslie! I love your sediment, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've taken several classes and have always enjoyed them, so I am not sure why I was hemming and hawing over this one, but I am glad I took the plunge.

    Your clouds are the perfect area to resist the color wash of you card. Beautiful blue hue you achieved and I love that you tempered your sentiment and didn't use black. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)