Tuesday, May 6, 2014

SOS #150: Inspiration Photo

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week we have another inspiration photo for you:

Source

This photo should give you a ton of options, including colors, clock, buttons, houndstooth ... there should be something for everyone!

I opted to combine a few elements: round, buttons, houndstooth, and colors. Here's my card:


I stamped a houndstooth stamp in three different colors of ink, then die-cut some circles from the patterns. I then arranged them with some buttons, largely influenced by this now-expired sketch from The Studio Challenge:


I made my card at a crop, so I was limited to the supplies I'd taken with me. Fortunately, I'd packed a little project bag with the houndstooth stamp (just in case), some buttons in the close-to-right colors, some inks, and some DMC floss. I used the floss to actually sew the buttons to the top layer of the card front.

The sentiment is from a new-to-me Jillybean stamp set I got at a big box store while looking for something else. That's never happened to anyone else, right? Right. I loved the font, but I'm not so happy with how it stamps. I didn't check, and turns out it's made in China, so the stamp isn't of the high-quality materials I'm used to with Made-in-the-USA clear stamps. :(  I inked it a bazillion times, but couldn't get a crisp stamped image. Oh, wait, I meant to do that. :)

So, I think now YOU should play along with us. Go take a gander at that photo again, then come back to SOS and link us up. You know you want to. And while you're at it, check out the other examples by our DT gals and leave them some comment love. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: misc peach buttons, Tombow adhesive, DMC floss, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card, love your take on the callenge with the houndstooth circles. and the buttons great job with limited supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card! Love it, I tell ya! What a great take on the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the houndstooth is STAMPED!!! aha! now see, THAT is clever! i love that you made this at a crop and even the limited supplies did not keep you from PERFECTION!!! this card so totally ROCKS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of the Jillibean stamps, and they are all meh when it comes to stamping. No amount of conditioning seems to help either. Booo.
    Do you know, I was so blinded by BUTTONS OMG BUTTONS that I never even NOTICED the houndstooth until you pointed it out? Of course now I can't figure out how I didn't see it. Yay you for threading the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that houndstooth paper!
    Great take on the inspiration photo. I do love that your paper and buttons are all matchy matchy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)