Tuesday, May 20, 2014

SOS #152: Happy Birthday To Us!!!!!

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week marks our THIRD YEAR! Whoot! So Happy Birthday to us! In light of this most awesome event, we'd like you to make a birthday or anniversary card.

Three years, huh? You'd think after three years of shopping my stash I'd have made a larger dent than I have. Even though I have made a little progress in that effort, I might still be acquiring new stuff, too. Sad, isn't it?

Here's a little something I threw together for my brother's birthday next week:


I like the grids on these Hero Arts stamps. I chose to white-emboss mine and apply Distress inks to keep it kinda masculine. The enamel dots are partly bought (the small ones) and home-made (larger ones). I popped up the distressed panel with foam tape.

So, everyone needs Happy Birthday cards in their stash, right? I think you should make one and come play along with us at SOS this week. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Home-made enamel dots (the larger ones on my card; I talked about them here), and the following:


8 comments:

  1. It's the whole "adding to our stash" thing that hobbles us, methinks ;) Love the colours of this, and YAY for enamel dots. I'm getting addicted (and the kids? LOVE the melting, and argue over who gets to sort the colours after. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday SOS! You've disappeared quite a bit of your stash over the three years, and there's nothing wrong with acquiring new stuff. I love this stamp and didn't think I needed it until now. Thanks...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! Love that grid stamp you used on here too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic masculine birthday card! I love the grid stamps, the green and blue, the white embossing...just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card, love the way you embossed in white and added the colours super masculine card. and you are sooooo right, just have to quit the adding part and we would dig deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome guy card! And you made enamel dots? Kudos to you! That might be something for me to think about in the future to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy cow, this is lovely, you are soooooooooo totally rockin' the inks and techniques, BIG TIME! utterly awesome guy card! ps: happy SOS birthday to you, oh ORIGINAL sos dt member! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brother will be love this card...elegant and amazing coloring the Background...Love this stamp from Hero Arts too to bad I dont have it...your white embossing is adorable and crisp....great manly card...and happy SOS birthday to you....

    I am joining too at SOS challenge for the birthday card..maybe you would like to hop to my blog, to make you easier my card is #59 and #62 I would be so happy if you could leave me some love...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)