Friday, May 16, 2014

OCC: Watercolor for Card Makers, Day 9 & 10 Homework

Days 9 & 10 of the current Online Card Classes - Watercolor for Card Makers focused on Freehand Watercoloring. After my brain started to hiccup during the faux hand-painting days, I pretty much just sat with my mouth open during days 9 & 10. Man, those women can paint! The "just sketch a hummingbird" made me laugh out loud. Unless I start doing abstract painting, which ain't gonna happen, I cannot draw, period.

BUT, one of the samples I decided I'd try to do, because it was just making a mess with splattered paint. I can do this! Here's my card:



Mine is not nearly as nice as the class example, but I did free-hand the tree trunk and the grass. As an added bonus, my entire work space is speckled now. And so am I. :)

I'm not sure if you'll ever see me water color without doing class homework, but you just never know. I can add it as an "I technically know how to do this" item to my crafty arsenal, and maybe one day I'll incorporate a small part of it into my repertoire. Could happen. :)

I'm quite happy I've taken the class - don't get me wrong. Every one of these OCC classes has been worth every penny, and more. I just know me pretty well, that's all. :)

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Great tree! My trunk got too thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty. I love the watercolor look, but I am not good at it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)