Thursday, May 8, 2014

OCC: Watercolor for Card Makers, Homework - Days 3 & 4

Our first two days of the Online Card Classes: Watercolor for Card Makers focused on backgrounds, and days 3 & 4 focused on stamping with watercolors. Well, I did part of it, even though it ended up as a background.  Here's my card, then I'll explain:


This is actually my second card, for reasons I'll go into momentarily. After I did the background using Jennifer's Versamark technique from Day 3, I opted for a silhouette image for the center instead of a water colored image. Also, I couldn't figure out what sentiment to use, or where to put it, so I didn't.

This was my first card:


I am lacking in good floral images to use, so I tried this one from an SU set. It might have worked if I hadn't stuttered when I stamped the second time. Even with the SAMJ, I got it wrong.  Again, no sentiment, because I couldn't figure out where to put it.

There were a lot of fabulous lessons and examples, but this is one I can see myself using again, so that's what I tried. I think with some practice, I'll get it eventually.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU Garden Silhouettes and the following:



3 comments:

  1. OMG! You actually own pink ink! This was my first reaction then I really looked at the cards and love your water colour work! Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, your silhouette card just popped out of the gallery, it's a stunner! I haven't tried this technique yet, but you've really inspired me to give it a go - both cards are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink huh...or is that just muted red? LOL. Actually...I love the flowered one...it has just a bit of haze to it that I think makes it perfect as a watercolor.

    Your silhouette is stand out, great option for the background.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)