Sunday, March 17, 2013

29 Again?

When I buy things I force myself to use them before I put them away. One of my recent purchases was a 6x6 pack of Fancy Pants Trendsetter papers and, breaking with tradition, I also got the coordinating sheet of stickers, some flair and some tags.

So I have no idea why I did what I did, but here's the card, then I'll explain:


One of the pages in the paper pack contains images of tiny tags, so instead of just taking one of the tags I bought, I cut out the tiny tags to use here instead. I like to take the difficult route, apparently. But they are cute, non? :)

I wanted to contrast the red dots so I cut a strip of the striped paper, then decided it was too TOO, so I cut a strip of just the dark blue stripe and covered it up a little. Yes, strips of stripes.

Then I decided the card was too boring, so I added some black Liquid Pearls to selected dots on the top part of the card. Deep dark secret: This is the second attempt at the dots. The first one went fine until I forgot it was wet and smeared it. Sigh.

I tied a piece of skinny black ribbon through the holes I punched in the teeny tiny tags, then stuck them down with some dimensional adhesive.

I think it turned out okay.

I'm going back in to see what else I can concoct. Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: clearbags.com Linen cards, hole punch, skinny ribbon from forever ago.




2 comments:

  1. My, you are on an irreverent roll today! This card is adorable and your thin strips are very even!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your irreverant cards and I;m glad to see them making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)