Thursday, March 14, 2013

Moxie Fab: Trigger Tuesday: Elegant Emerald

When I saw the current Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger: Elegant Emerald:



I immediately knew what I needed to do. Well, once I got past the urge to give that poor woman some food,  I made this:


The "collar" of that ... okay: dress had me plotting to make a layered flower of some sort out of just-the-right-color green canvas.  I die-cut some Sticky-back Canvas then spritzed the circles with some sprays I'd made with gelatos. Of course I didn't have just-the-right-color green, so I sprayed both a light blue and a medium green on the canvas to get a mottled color. I let them dry overnight, then folded them in half, and since I'd taken off the backing they do stick together. But when I folded them in half again they are free and easy, so there is some dimension to them. I stuck all four pieces onto a circle base, then added the SU Jumbo brad to secure everything.

Here it is up very close and personal:


You can see how the color is uneven, and I like that.

I added some pearls from the Hero Arts Pool Mixed Accents in both green and blue, and I had to color a white one with a Copic since I ran out of the green ones.

In other news, I think I need to get Bobra a springboard or a trampoline. No, really, he crouches really low, then SPRINGS and flies through the air to attack something - usually a piece of paper. Think how much easier that would be with a springboard. You've heard of itty bitty kitteh backpacks, right? Well, he needs an itty bitty kitteh springboard. If one of you would please get to work on that, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU Jumbo Brad.




5 comments:

  1. HA! Give that poor woman some food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! this card would match the trigger perfectly if only it was falling over, emaciated ;)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give her a doughnut or two and buy her some new clothes - that dress is hideous! Your card, however, is anything but hideous - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leslie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ...and she is rather skinny, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)