Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SOS #94 - Spring or Easter

It's Tuesday, and that means it's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week's theme is Spring or Easter. That's a pretty broad theme, so you should have no problem coming up with an idea or two or twelve, right?

Normally, you'd expect me to say I chose Spring because I don't "do" Easter. However, I've also been really bad lately and may have done some shopping, so today's card is an attempt to justify some of my loot. Here's my card, then I'll explain:


Yes, bunnies. I don't do bunnies, but there they are. I saw these in the SU Spring Mini and I had to have them. I like that they are different patterns so you can get some variety by just inking them up. I also like that it doesn't say Happy Easter. :) I'm calling this a Congratulations card.

I inked up the bunnies with Memento markers and use my Distress Black Soot marker for the sentiment. Ba-da-bing, done. I cut them with my Spellbinders Deckled Edge rectangles, both white and Celery layers. It was boring on a plain white card, so I added a strip of some new (*ahem*) washi tape and embossed it into the design when I ran it through my Big Shot.

I also made a second version:


This one happened because I embossed that white panel before I stuck on the washi strip, and I didn't want it hanging around on my desk, so I measured and added the washi to it as a frame. The rest is the same as the first card.

Now it's YOUR turn. Go into your stash and pull out stuff for Easter or Spring, make something, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU Ears To You stamp, SU Certainly Celery card stock, Queen & Co. Trendy Tape (got it at my LSS).





7 comments:

  1. oooooooooooooooh! the bunnies come patterned like that?! see, i thought they were paper pieced, but this is even BETTER! i love BOTH versions... i especially love that there ARE 2 versions, actually!!! :) but i'd have to say the washi frame one really POPS, so it miiiiiiiiiiight be my fave... on the other hand, or other EARS?!?!?! nope... too close to call... triumph all round... ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bunnies! I like the washi tape on the second one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love embossing washi! and those bunnies are awesome (even if you don't 'do' Easter!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bunnies - what a great buy! Nice call to give them different colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowie!! I love both of these cards! Those bunnies are great and I love your color choices! You did a great job!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very lovely and sweet card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I used these bunnies in a class, we used the markers. Both of these are darling! I love the paper and colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)