Sunday, March 17, 2013

Playing With Handmade Flowers

One of my Tweeps does fantastic things with ribbon. Here is one of her Etsy shops where you can see some of her creations. Her sister also plays well with ribbon (two peas in a pod, if you will) and her shop is here. Last week I purchased some small flowers from her (I got the ones at the bottom) and today I made these cards:


I just love the colors. I tore some Basic Grey Kioshi paper for the "ground" and stamped a leaf and sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Flower Friend set. I don't know why I felt it needed to be a sympathy card. Maybe it looked serene and calming.

Here is a closer look at the flower:


I think it's just stunning.

She sent me a teaser of a smaller flower, too. :) Here's what I did with that one:


I thought I'd nestle it in this piece of Kioshi paper that had a fun flower grouping. I actually sewed it onto the paper, and I lost about 20 minutes threading the needle. ;/

Here's a close-up of that flower:


Another stunner!

So, if you've ever thought about adding hand-made flowers to your cards or other art projects, skip Mike's and instead check out those Etsy shops*. The ladies do marvelous work.

Thanks for stopping by!

*Not a paid endorsement. They really do incredible things with ribbon.

Products used but not linked below: Basic Grey Kioshi 6x6 paper pack, handmade flowers (links above), SU Perfect Plum card stock.




2 comments:

  1. Two words for you to consider "needle threader!" I am rolling on the floor laughing at your lost 20 minutes comment. The results were stunning! Great cards with those beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those flowers are gorgeous! I agree with Wendy - needle threader. Or would that be like using the stamp positioner ;-)?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)