Sunday, March 3, 2013

Stamp and Die Organization

I've been making quite a mess in the craft room, but have produced nothing blogable. I did finally remember to take some pics in the daylight of my latest storage attempts, so I thought I'd share those with you.

A while ago I spent some time at The Container Store looking at storage containers, and I ended up with the smaller of the two here to store my dies:


The Small box is 9-1/2" x 13-1/4" x 5" h, which is perfect for me since I store my dies on 4x6" magnet sheets, or in the original packaging if it's not too thick. Here's a photo:


Why yes, I do have two of them now. It was full to where I couldn't flip through them and I needed to expand. Sigh. You can see the Circles section is open to what I was using at the time. I have hand-made dividers you may be able to see if you click on the photo to embiggen it.

You can also see the box is wide enough to hold my Compact Fiskars stamp press, since I have nowhere else to put it.

When I shopped for that second box for my dies, I also picked up four of the Extra-small boxes seen here:

These are 11-1/4" x 7-1/2" x 5-3/4" h, and are perfect (for the moment) for holding my background stamps and most of my clear stamps. Here's two of them in action:


On the left are what I call my "theme" stamps:


Lots of wiggle room, which is nice, but not so much it's sloppy.

On the right are my background stamps:


The box is wide enough to hold my Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card stamps, so it's perfect.

The third box holds my sentiments:


The only thing that doesn't fit in here are my Dyan Reaveley sets, and I'm okay with sliding them in sideways.

I have a fourth box that I may use for my embossing folders. I currently have them in binders, and I think I'd use them more if I had them out. We'll see.

Okay, I'm going back to try stamping again. Wish me luck! And thanks for stopping by!

* I am not affiliated with The Container Store in any way. I just like these boxes.

5 comments:

  1. those are perfect! I've been looking for a better option for my stamps, my 2 wicker containers I have now are not working for me and are totally full. Great post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another little peek into your creative space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dies are in need of some serious reorganization soon, too. My favorite option is Ikea, since we don't have a container store here. I like what you've done with these boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!!! Hmmmmmmm. May have to shop next time I get paid... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great crates! I have some green "crates" that came in mandarin orange boxes ages ago, and they fit my stamps and other stuff nicely :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)