Saturday, March 16, 2013

So Miserable

When I was at my LSS today and saw this sentiment, I knew it needed to come home with me. Here's my card:


I love it. The inspiration for the background came from this post on Britta Swiderski's blog, where she blended some Distress Paints. I decided to use Barn Door and Mustard Seed. I applied each one to opposite ends of some water color paper, then used my fingers to get them to meet in the middle. I had to add some more yellow here and there to get the colors I wanted, but I love how it turned out.

I die-cut the top edge, wove some skinny ribbon through, tore the bottom edge, then stuck it down to some black. I purposely didn't apply glue all the way to the top edge of the watercolor paper because I wanted it loosey goosey to go with the torn bottom edges.

At the last moment I opted to tear the bottom of the card front, too, and put a piece of washi tape on the bottom of the inside, because I could:


I'm so happy my LSS carries a nice variety of snark. It's good to get some new irreverence in the house now and then.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to break open some more irreverence, but only after I post this in my etsy store, since it is officially void of cards. Empty. Dead. Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU water color paper, skinny black ribbon I've had for at least 10 or 11 years, SU Basic Black card stock, SU Naturals White card stock, stamp from Crackerbox Palace (from my LSS), washi tape.




3 comments:

  1. Your creativity always delights and amazes me! I always love what I see when I stop by to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you finally found a good way to use those Distress Paints. I think it is lovely, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a card I could totally give my hubby...if he'd ever leave. Sheesh. LOVE those bright colours!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)