Saturday, March 23, 2013

You're Amazing


As I've mentioned before, I took another Online Card Class this past week. This one was called Pattern Play, and we had five days of inspiring videos with tons of ideas about how to use our patterned papers together. You'll notice I haven't posted any homework yet. That's because I've made nothing this week but pretty trash. Nothing.

I'm only showing you this card to demonstrate I really am trying, and you can read that last statement any way you'd like to read it. heh

Anyway, here's my card:


I have been futzing with this for five hours. FIVE HOURS. It's pretty white for all that work. In the end I managed to include four different patterns and colors: the main floral piece, the black wiggly pattern strip, the grey and white striped piece, some yellow wiggly pattern, and some yellow and blue solids. All the papers are from the Fancy Pants Park Bench 6x6 paper pack.

I tried to add more hearts in the upper left, but I ended up just taking them all out but the three you see here.

There. Now I can say I tried. I'm sure I'll incorporate a lot of the ideas we learned into future cards. I may just be too old to do homework any more. Yeah, that's it. Pffth.

Thanks for stopping by!





7 comments:

  1. Aww! You made me a card! I love it! You are amazing, too, you know! Hahaha! I really love this card. Your five hours were well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser, look at how MANY pattern papers you used! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound just like me on this class! I took it too and am still struggling with my "homework"!

    I LOVE THIS!!! So pretty and how you got four patterned papers to go together is amazing! It was well worth all the time you spent on it. I especially like how you added the strip of the gray and white paper! Outstanding. So very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very pretty! A nice combination of paper and not too busy. I've done 2 days worth of homework, I will probably do the third, but I'm not nuts about 4 & 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a fabby job on your "homework"! Hope to see more creations from you using your patterned paper. I have really enjoyed this class as well, learned some great tips that I hope I can remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely! I can identify with the five-hour futzing kind of cards ;). These colors really speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card!!! Fab way to use scraps and the patterns work so well together.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)