Sunday, March 10, 2013

CAS Happy Birthday

I went into the craft room to do the Play Date Cafe challenge, but ended up doing two others. I have no focus.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


LOTS of white space, I know. I'm kinda twitchy.

This combines the CAS(E) This Sketch! challenge:


and the OWH Mid-week Throwdown challenge:


I used the top row of Brads, Border punch and Ribbon.

One more time so you can remember what the card looks like:

I used a never-before-opened EK Success punch on a piece of pretty paper from The Heaplet. I wove a piece of SU Marina Mist taffeta ribbon through the top of it, then added the sentiment banner and secured it with two gold brads.

I have another piece of the punched border, so I'll see what else I can cook up. And eventually I hope to get to the PDCC challenge.

Whoa, this card also qualifies for this week's SOS challenge to use a border punch. I can't play, but you totally should. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the ribbon through the die cut. P.S. Focus - smocus! Who needs it when you have as many amazing ideas as you do? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how clever to weave the ribbon through like that! I love the texture it gives! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ribbon weaving idea. The white space is fine, stop twitching :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)