Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shiny Flower

When I saw the current ABNH challenge to make your own embellishment using a stamped image, I started plotting my strategy. I made myself use something I don't normally use: flowers. Yep, I used a flower stamp!

Here's my card, then I'll explain:

Nothing comes easily in my world. I started by stamping this flower in black, then colored it with my Inktense pencils. I originally wanted to add the Glossy Accents to just the center, but I keep forgetting I have a standing desk, and it's angled. When I went to see if it was dry, it was, but it had also run onto the petals, so I had to glossy the whole thing! This is what happened:


So shiny! I might have to try to make a (not shiny) flower button next. :)

You should play along!


Thanks for stopping by!





4 comments:

  1. I really like this card, what a happy accident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB-U-LOUS!!!!! Love this gorgeous card and the shiny flower is awesome!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! You really stand while you craft? My feet would break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First pink and now flowers? Who are you are what have you done with Leslie? I like shiny things and I think it turned out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)