Sunday, March 17, 2013

Introducing: Stabby Chic

I might have invented something. Maybe. As most of you know I have a vast collection of irreverent sentiments. One of my personal challenges is how to use them, since most of the time they just don't lend themselves to a theme or a style. A few years ago one of my former customers (Hi, Betty!) suggested I make a really pretty card -- like girly -- so they won't be expecting the sentiment. This worked like a charm. I had people come up to my table at the farmers' market and say, "Ooooh, this is pretty. (pause) Oh." and they'd put it back really, really fast. Then they'd laugh. That was the best part. Well, if they'd bought it that would have been better, but still ...

So here we are, years later, and I'm still doing irreverence. Hey, it's what I do. When I saw the CASology prompt for this week: Extraterrestrial, I knew immediately which sentiment I'd use, but how to use it? I remembered Betty's suggestion, and went with this:


I decided it was as close to Shabby Chic as I could get, but with the sentiment it was kind of more Stabby Chic. heh So I made another one:


I think I may be on to something. :)

In other news, I was trying to add cards to my mostly dead Etsy shop last night and when I looked at this one:


(which I originally posted here) my brain went to, "What, are you thinking of your boyfriend who's in prison?" and I couldn't get past that thought to add it to the store. I think I need a vacation.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used for my Stabby Chic cards that are not linked below: SU border punch, SU Linen Thread, SU Organza ribbon, Spellbinders Lacy Squares, clearbags.com Linen cards.




7 comments:

  1. Haha Leslie what a hoot!!! Pretty card and nasty sentiment. Ha ha... So funny!! You certainly have invented something new and stabby chic is the perfect name for it!
    Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...a twisted kindred spirit! Does the heart good to see such dysfunctionality in the world. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have had my chuckle for the day! By the way, I happen to love your boyfriend in prison card! It rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stabby chic! NOW THAT is the PERFECT name for it! I LOVE making cards like that - my name was always the awkward 'so sweet and lovely and OMG that card just bit me!' Stabby chic is much better ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)