I made this card for the Stamp Camps. My goal was to use only the standard 48 colors this month, but I caved and used Baja Breeze on this one because I used the Sweet Slumber Specialty papers that I insisted on opening and using before they retire. Call me silly.
All I did was cut three strips of the card stock and put them on the So Saffron base. The red one is sideways to make up for the lack of ribbon. :-) I popped it up on Dimensionals to make up for the fact that it is not really ribbon. The sentiment is stamped in Baja Breeze and layered on Ruby Red.
This one was so simple it was ridiculous. One stamp and a few pieces of card stock - done! And I just lovelovelove this paper. I guess I'd better enjoy it in the next few weeks. And because of my serious paper addiction, I am afraid I must admit I have other packs of unopened papers that are also retiring that will never see a workshop. Oh, well. I guess I'll just need to enjoy them all by my lonesome.
Then of course I needed a little distraction, so I mixed up some Crystal Effects with some Baja Breeze reinker and filled in all the turtles on my magnets. I am pretty happy with how they turned out! I am still not sure if I'll add anything more to them or not.
I had made a few fleurettes out of this pretty blue DMC floss, so even though I have begun the In Color hoarding process, I needed to pull out some Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss papers to use them with the flower. I used a Build-A-Brad for the flower's center, with a 1/2 circle of PP card stock and a rub-on from last year's SAB collection I am still working to eliminate - one rub-on at a time. Can you say "SABLE"? The 'friend' flourish is also from the same rub-on page...oh, that's two!
Like the bird? I do not know what came over me, but I thought: why should I use a shape that matches the sentiment? I mean - who made that rule? So I used the bird Nestie, and I like it! The sentiment on the bird is stamped in Craft White and embossed with White EP. I stuck the finished blue bird to a piece of white and cut it out to get the border. And I left him eyeless on purpose, as I just knew I'd mess that up if I even tried.
And while flipping through my embarrassingly-large DSP overflow stash, I ran across this piece of lonely paper that had been separated from its siblings, so I decided to use it instead of trying to find the rest of the clan...it was just easier. Sometimes, you just never know what gets a project started.
The paper was cut 4 x 5 1/4 and I just sliced it near the center and flipped over the bottom half, and I covered the seam with ... ribbon!
I took advantage of the circles in the pattern to try out my large & small grommets from SU. I think they look neat! This may have made a better Birthday card than an Anniversary card, but I was too lazy to go dig out the b'day sentiment, so Anniversary it was!
So I am slowly, but surely, working my way through the scraps, and it is very therapeutic. But then all stamping is therapeutic to me, so I win no matter what! I love that about this hobby. :-)
Now if you'll excuse me, there's more scraps to address! Hellooooo, scraps! Come to Momma!
Thanks for stopping by!