Thursday, August 27, 2009

An Early Holiday Card

The other day I mentioned to Lydia over at Understand Blue that she should use her new ornament-shaped punch from the SU Mini catalog to punch out the new flocked Christmas paper. Too late, though, cuz she had something else already made. Since then, I have actually bought the darn thing myself, so I had to try it. Lookie:


This is a 7.5 minute card. Not 5, but not 10, so I am going with 7.5. Although, that time included hunting for things in my yet-to-be-unpacked SU shipment boxes, so if YOU are organized, perhaps it would take you less time.

Let's talk about the parts. First of all, the ornament punch pretty much perfectly fits the flocked design, so it was really easy to get it centered.

The patterned paper is from the same pack of paper, and was subtle enough to use as a background and not fight with the ornament, which is really the star of this show.

The cord is retired gold cord, but I'll make another one with the new elastic cord when it arrives next week. (I hear the new elastic cord is better than last year's because there is no white core to unravel.)

So that's it! A simple holiday card. I think I'll save this for my October workshops. :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: What? The end? No blathering? WHA?!?! I know, crazy!

6 comments:

  1. OMG THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND SIMPLE!!!

    Um, I'm not organized.

    And the new cord is delicious!! No fluffy white string!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squeal*

    YUM YUM yumyumyumyum YUMMEH!

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! And even better I have all the things needed to make it! So you may be seeing it on my blog some day, and if I fail to give credit - kick my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the blathering... ;)

    The card is great, too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh- very pretty! The snowflake background is *perfect*!

    Workshop cards done early, making progress in the other room, none of the usual chatter- should we be worried???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I score your 7.5 minute card a perfect 10 :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)