Here it is, Week 3 of the Jingle Belles Rock Challenge, and I'm still playing! Whoot! This week's challenge was to use acrylic paint. ACK!
Okay, I actually have acrylic paints - they were purchased while under the influence of Claudine Hellmuth and her wonderful class I took at Angela's. Hoarding I can do. Using - not so much.
So after I got done whining to Lauren about the challenge, I went into The Captain's Quarters and grabbed two colors - one green and one tan - and made this mess:
I decided the green was very, very bright, and then I had A Moment. I remembered you can mix the colors to get new colors, so I mixed them together to create a more muted green. (Sorry, no pic - forgot.)
Here is the finished card:
The bright green is on either end and the tan is in the middle. The two strips between them are painted with the muted color I achieved by mixing the two together. Not bad, not bad.
I should probably tell you it took me 2 hours to get the rest of this to come together. There is a totally different piece of DSP under that Basic Grey piece. I decided I intensely disliked it, but ATG adhesive is so good, it wasn't coming off, so it's layered. The ribbon (SU Crumb Cake seam binding - LOVE!) hides the unfortunate measuring boo-boo I did with the BG strip.
Those snowflakes are cut from a piece of glitter paper I picked up at Mike's, and are cut with some MFT Die-Namics I got from Libby. I need to tell you that several snowflakes were sacrificed for this card. I couldn't for the life of me pop them out without tearing an arm, so yeah, several died along the way. So sad. These are the two that survived the massacre.
My last stumbling block was what color to use for a sentiment. I ended up using Soft Suede.
So that's it! I'm 3 for 3! Yay, me.
If you haven't already joined the fun, come play!
Thanks for stopping by!