Sunday, October 30, 2011

HYCCT - Purple

The HYCCT challenge for 11/18 (whaaaaaat, I'm not THAT far behind ...) is to use purple on your card to symbolize the survivors. Purple: just one notch above (gah!) pink in my world, but it's for a good cause, so I forged ahead.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:

Those strips were cut from a piece of Japanese paper. It was on the Heaplet, I saw it had purple in it, I declared it to be Wisteria Wonder, and I set to work. I cut three graduated strips of the paper - on purpose - and stuck them to the Wisteria Wonder remnant. I also broke out my new-to-me MFT Prima Donna Petals die to make that flower from some more of the same paper, and used a Martha doily-shaped tag to break up all that purple. The brad in the center of the flower is one of the SU Designer Printed In Color brads. Sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

Okay, back to the lab! There's stampin' to be done!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the flower. Another thing I bought and haven't used. I like the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)