As I've cleaned and purged in The Captain's Quarters the past week or two, I've salvaged a few "perfectly cut" pieces of DSP with the intent on using them to make ... cards. Then I spotted this sketch from Splitcoast (Wednesdays are sketch challenge days):
and I was all set. Today I made three cards based on this sketch using pieces left over from something else. Here's the first one:
Three really pretty pieces of paper. I just layered them with Basic Black, popped them up on Dimensionals, wound that 1/8" taffeta ribbon through the panels, and stamped a sentiment (Paper Smooches). Done.
Again, three pieces of DSP. I layered them on Cajun Craze (didn't feel like getting into my retired colors stash to find the Dusty Durango so I declared this "close enough"), popped the panels up on Dimensionals again, wound some retired 1/4" Old Olive twill around the panels, stamped the same sentiment (hey, it was out) with Old Olive onto Very Vanilla, layered that with more Cajun Craze, and called it done.
The third card:
This one was a little more challenging. I flipped over the middle panel because three of that red panel was making me dizzy. Instead of individual panels, I layered all three pieces of DSP on one piece of Bashful Blue. I couldn't decide on red or blue ribbon, so I used both, because I could. Then I realized the blue layer was too short for the card, so I cut the card base down by 1/2". Done.
There you have it: three cards from one fabulously enabling sketch. And all those pieces of DSP are now off my table. Yay!
Thanks for stopping by!