Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock #41 - PINK

This week's challenge at Jingle Belles Rock is to incorporate pink into our project. Yes, PINK! GAH! I've already overdosed on (gah) pink from the HYCCT challenges at Splitcoast (and yes, I have fallen painfully behind), and NOW the Belles want us to use (gah) pink on a Christmas card?!??!?!?!!? I whined, but Belle Lauren told me to be strong, so I was, and I made this:

I embossed the top layer with the SU Houndstooth folder, then ran my Tattered Rose distress ink pad over it to ink up only the raised parts. It's a very dusty rose, and not in-your-face pink, but still ... and no, this is not getting any easier for me. ;/

The ribbon is SU Pool Party, the center panel is one of the SU Designer Frames folders, embossed then cut out. Rolled flowers were cut from some SU Domestic Goddess DSP with the MFT mini rolled roses dies. Sentiment (Inky Antics) is stamped in Memento London Fog.

Two more things: That bow. I couldn't get it to lay right to save my soul, so I added another piece of the same ribbon tied into the thing to offset the crookedness, and now it looks like I meant to do that. Gotta love stamping and all the opportunities for embellishment.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, The Belles are donating $2 (one from Lauren, one from Stef) for each card posted by Wednesday's deadline for this week's challenge, so get going! Make a holiday card with pink in it and link it up over at Jingle Belles Rock!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I thought crooked was a virtue to be embraced ... although I love your extra embellishment fix as well ... so glad you "went pink" with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duuuuuuude! For someone who hates pink... You suuuuuuure are getting GREAT at using it!!! This is a showstopper missus! One of your very best IMO, and that is certainly saying something!!! Well done you --your sacrifice is noted and Appreciated!!!!! Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I like this one a LOT! I know how you hate pink, but it's great :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I like your pink card - the splash of blue ribbon works a treat! I do like the houndstooth emobossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sense of humor. What a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for making a (gah!) pink card! LOL Nicely done too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)