Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SOS Challenge #22 - Inspiration Picture: Dia de los Muertos

This week's Shopping Our Stash challenge is to use this Dia de los Muertos photo as inspiration:


You can use the theme of skulls, cookies, flowers, etc., or the colors, or even Dia de los Muertos if it floats your boat. Whatever inspiration you get from the photo - go with it!

As most of you know by now I don't "do" shaped cards. Well, actually I don't "do" a lot of things, but today it's shaped cards. While pondering my project for this challenge, I had A Moment and remembered I was enabled by Libby to purchase some snow globe cards. Yep - I got two packs. Do not ask me why because I do not know. Maybe it was because Libby did an awesome snow globe tutorial over on Splitcoast a year or so back, and I made The Ladies suffer through one of them at a Stamp Camp, too. Maybe it was because I don't "do" shaped cards, but if they come already shaped? Hmmm.

So anyway, I had an idea to trim down the snow globe shape and make it into a skull shape, and it sorta worked. Lookie:


I am very proud to tell you that this card is 100% stash. Well, if you count the snow globe bases that were still in their package, unopened and unloved. The flowers for the eyes, the bling for the nose and mouth, the Basic Grey paper - all stash. That pom-pom SU ribbon, of which I have two spools (don't know why), has now seen the light of day, too.

Now get your thinking caps on, get inspired, make your card, then link us up at Shopping Our Stash so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! that is ♥FLIPPIN BRILLIANT♥!!!!!!!!!!!! you are a genious! i predict a world wide increase in premade snowglobe card sales! startin' with **ME**!!!!! looooooove it, muchacha!!! (goin' with the spanish theme there just to switch it up!) ♥♥♥

    ps: i have been bummed that my attention on the SOS blog is sooo cruddy; but on the other hand how FAB to wake up & be surprised by this!!! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative and clever!! and FUN!! Awesome job and way to go on using your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Turning Your Snow Globe into an Orb of DEATH!!!" Bwahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Great idea to turn a snow globe card into a skull I swear you come up with the most brilliant ideas! Love the pom poms trim too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)