Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To - Pink Critters

I'm playing along with this year's Hope You Can Cling To event over on Splitcoast, so throughout the month of October you'll see some posts for the various SCS challenges. And yeah, I know, a whole month of (gah!) PINK!

The first challenge is to use a pink critter on a card. It was easy for me to select my image since Lisa (PaperGrace Designs) enabled me to purchase a cutie kitteh digital image from Sweet & Sassy Stamps. Check it out:

I printed it on a piece of Basic Grey euphoria paper and cut it out. All the other patterned papers are from the same Basic Grey 6x6 pack, and the pink layer is SU Pink Pirouette that I embossed with an impressions plate. The sentiment is from the Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies set, and the button is SU.

I had to make the kitteh's nose pink, so I used some of this stuff:

I just put a glob on some scrap paper and applied it with a toothpick. Yes, I have a container of toothpicks on my desk ... doesn't everyone?

Since it's World Card-Making Day, I plan to be crafty all day, so stay tuned for more posts! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)