Friday, September 26, 2008

Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Redux

I am still playing with my new PTI Mazel Tov stamp set, and I came up with two more variations for Bar/Bat Mitzvah cards:

For these I colored the Torah images a little differently; I highlighted the Star of David by coloring it the same color as the parchment so it would stand out on the grey/silver background.

I tried my idea of using a smaller piece of the PTI Shimmer Blue card stock and layering it on some SU Brushed Silver. I went really wild and used the SU Scallop Border punch to make it a little more interesting. I don't think it makes it too girly, do you?

I decided to go ahead and put some ribbon on it, because, well, ribbon is what I do. The base of the cards is SU Shimmer White. I tried two different colors of embossing powder, but you can tell the Navy is not Detail EP, and it makes a difference in the finished product. I'll think I'll stick with the silver for now. Didja notice how all I did was swap out the word 'bat' and replaced it with 'bar' in the sentiment? Pretty slick, huh? I am so lazy.

I do believe I like these better than the other version I made last night. I have all sorts of time to come up with new variations. For tomorrow, I will have these four to offer. Maybe. If I get the backs stamped and put them into sleeves with envelopes before I go to bed.

I am also working on cards for Rosh Hashanah, but they are going slowly. I probably will not have any for my Saturday market, but I'll try for Sunday. If I miss, I have a whole year to try again.

On the home front, I smell like cinders. I cannot believe how much I smell that burned smell. I smelled it all day at work, and I know I probably brought it with me. Yes, I changed clothes! Everything I was wearing last night during the inferno went into the laundry, but still, I smell it. Everywhere. One of my customers just stopped by to pick up her order, and she said she did not smell anything. Hmmm. It could be just me...it has happened before. I think I have really sensitive nasal hairs or something, since things like cigarette smoke "stay with me" too. It is a curse.

And another exciting part of my life right now is my kitchen seems to be infested with fruit flies. Okay, not infested, but there are a lot of them. (Too bad they did not all burn up in the inferno.) I did have one piece of, um, 'ripe' fruit on the counter last weekend, and by the time I noticed it, there were a few fruit flies on it, so I tossed it. But the little buggers persisted, and multiplied. I have no food out anywhere!!! I just read up on fruit flies, and (this is gross) they breed in ripe fruit and reproduce in like 30 hours. Then in a few days those babies are adults, and it starts all over again. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend, after my markets? Scrubbing every surface in that kitchen, that's what! Sounds like fun, huh? Wanna come over and help me?

Ach, I think I'll just turn in early tonight and take my mind off all this stuff by trying to finish my book. It's a nice diversion. And it is raining, so it is perfect sleeping weather. ;-)


1 comment:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! If you ever have too many in your stash, perhaps we could have a card-selling-swap arrangement. I would LOVE to have something like this at Greenberry's.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)