I went to visit my car today. Remember that scene in The Wizard of Oz where the Wicked Witch of the West's flying monkeys tear apart the Scarecrow and cast his parts about in the woods? Well, that's pretty much what my Forester looks like right now. Parts were all over the place. Everywhere but inside the engine compartment! That, my friends, was one big EMPTY! I took a photo, but it was too blurry for even me to post. The main hunk of the engine was hanging by a strap over a bucket, into which they were draining all of its life fluids. It was pretty sad.
So my mechanic looked at the Miata real quick, and sure enough, I was down about 1/3 in the brake fluid supply. I think I must have a Guardian Angel. They fixed her up and I was able to pick her up this evening. No brake light! Imagine that.
My Forester MIGHT be ready late Friday. If not, it will be Monday. I'll find out Friday. I love surprises. But they really do take good care of me, so I cannot complain.
On to some stamping! I saw this card on SCS, and needed to try it out for myself.
I wanted a more masculine look, but I am not sure I achieved that. I tried out the same technique June used today to use a Cuttlebug embossing folder on a longer piece of card stock and not get that pesky line in the image. It works! Here's the link if you'd like to try it.
My pattern is embossed on SU Brushed Gold card stock. Yeah, that's gold, even though it looks like Kraft in my photo. The card base is textured Mellow Moss; the layer behind the gold is Always Artichoke, as are the flower pot and the stem of the topiary. The circles are from the new SU Circle Circus set, and they are stamped in Brocade Blue. I chose that because the Color Wheel told me to.
I was challenged when it came to punching out the circles, as they do not seem to match the SU punches, which I found amazing. They do SUCH a good job sucking us in with images that perfectly fit in their punches. But being a persistent type, I foraged for punches and got two of the three circles punched. I had to cut that bottom one by hand.
The sentiment is an A Muse one I still had out, and it's punched with the Word Window punch. I offset it on purpose so I could put in an eyelet, and even though I put a pencil mark where to punch the hole, and even though I lined it up in the Crop-O-Dile hole, I still managed to punch it crooked. And even though I read the actual C-O-D instruction sheet, I managed to squish the eyelet instead of setting it nicely. I did so much better without those darn instructions!
For a finishing touch I wrapped some gold cord around the long piece for some horizontal action, and I hung the tag from that. I also tied a piece of cord around the bottom of the topiary, because it needed something, and I couldn't leave it alone. The topiary is popped up with Dimensionals.
I actually did something on the inside of the card, too! I still have my stamps out from the Stamp Camps (clean, but not yet put away), so I stamped this one in Versamark and embossed it with SU Gold EP. It's a bit out of focus, but you should get the idea. :-) If you decide to click on the photo, however, I take no responsiblity for any vertigo that may occur. I'm tellin' you, it's totally blurry (but I am so proud!)
Now that the cat has taken over my lap AND the laptop, I must sign off and try to get some feeling back in my left hand. It's TOUGH typing with 10 pounds of cat laying across your forearms! But if she wants to be squishy, I am happy to oblige. If I could only get her to stop hitting mystery keys with her back foot ...
Thanks for stopping by!