Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Window Card

Today's online class for A Cut Above was, coincidentally, the making of window cards using dies. Sooo, I decided to try again, and I could also enter the A Blog Named Hero challenge again! :)

Here's my card:

 Do you like how I've held it closed with my ruler? Nothing but class here, folks.

The card base and stamps are A Muse Studio; patterned papers and ribbon by SU.


Here's the inside:

It all started with that doily. It was on the right side of my desk, so I decided to do a brown and blue card. The doily didn't work on the outside, so it went inside, and I worked with plain circles on the outside for the window.

I have a lot more practicing to do before I get the hang of these window cards. I think I struggle with them because I'm not used to doing the insides of cards. Once I get past that hurdle, things might get easier. This is a BIG step for me, people, B I G. Between this and white space, and all my Tim Holtz Distress stuff, I hope I don't get lost in the shuffle! OMG, my next card simply must be irreverent! GAH!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. lovvvvvvve it, like, lolly lolly love it! that amuse patterned paper is so cool! thanks for playing along again, my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card! I LOVE that wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the woodgrain and that little owl is adorable! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card. I can see why you are entering it! I love the tree and the little guy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! Love the woodgrain - paper or stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute! Love the woodgrain - paper or stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great paper and the doily on the inside is perfect. I think you have the knack of these cards already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, so super duper cute! And that woodgrain paper is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)