Saturday, April 7, 2012

MFT Sketch Birthday Card

I played the MFT sketch challenge, mostly because I just got a shipment of goodies from their last release and I felt compelled to use them. Hey, it happens. So here's the sketch:

Yeah, there's a lot going on here, which is part of what makes sketches fun - I would never think to put these pieces together like this!

Here's my card:

 I used paper from the SU Attic Boutique DSP (from the Occasions Mini) and actually went with a square card for a change. The MFT parts are the two Dizzy Doilies. Two you say? Yes, two! The larger one is from the Dizzy Doily Duo set, and the teeny tiny one on top of it is from the new Mini Doily Circles set. The leaves were cut from a scrap of ... something, using the new Royal Leaves die. The yellow felt rolled flower is the MFT Gardenia die that I just now opened, and the scallop border is also MFT.

Oh, wait, there's more! The sentiment is also MFT, from their new Big Greetings stamp set. The Happy and Birthday were inked separately so I could stamp them side-by-each.

Okay, here's the close-up so you can see there really is a second doily under that flower:


It's actually cut out of a different color paper, but it's tough to tell from my crack photography skillz. I did go all artsy fartsy and curl up the edges of the smaller one, just because I could. 

So there you have it: one prissy card that I would never have made if not for this sketch. I think I'll go back in for one more card tonight. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)