Sunday, April 8, 2012

Thinking Of You

I don't know about you, but I like to abbreviate things when referring to a card, like HB = Happy Birthday. Do you also find it annoying that TOY = Thinking of You? No? Maybe it's just me.

ANYway, two of my pals have started a new blog called A Blog Named Hero, and it's about their collective love for all things Hero Arts. They're having their first challenge: to use your favorite Hero Arts stamp! Since I recently purchased a MUST-HAVE stamp, I thought this would be a good time to use it. :) So here's my card:

It didn't turn out exactly as I'd imagined it in my head, but I still like it! I stamped the new Lattice background in Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder. Then, as is my custom, I looked around my desk for inspiration.

One of the things we learned in the Creative Chemistry 101 class with Tim Holtz is to never waste the over-spray on your craft sheet. When you spray on your project, there is always extra spritz surrounding the piece, and he picks that up on a tag or a piece of card stock to have another piece benefit from all that inky goodness.

Well, I was playing with pearl sprays last night and had a piece of white sticky-back canvas laying on my desk, so I swiped it through the over-spray. That die-cut piece in the middle of my card is the result. In real life, it shimmers. :)

I stamped a crooked sentiment, then distressed the edges of the piece with Broken China Distress Ink.

Yes, I've had the Kool Aid, and it is good. My personal challenge is to try to fit this distress-y goodness in with my "normal" style - whatever that is. I think this card demonstrates it's possible.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I want that stamp! I have seen it on so many cards and now YOU! I need it. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great, now I'm gonna have to add that background stamp to my list of wants! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just bought this background and can't wait to use it! looks great!

    xo, Kristina
    Visiting from A Blog Named Hero
    Please stop by and say hello :)
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love your posts :)

    this is a great card (and I'm liking that stamp too! *wink*)

    THank you so much for playing lovely!

    Good luck friend!
    Linda

    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)