Sunday, April 29, 2012

Unscripted Love

Another challenge, and I tried with Washi tape -- I really did, but this one was easier with paper. I started with the current Unscripted Sketch:

and made this:

You may need to embiggen that photo to make it look less dreary. ;/

The papers are from the Basic Grey PB&J 6x6 pad, and I layered everything with SU Basic Black for contrast. I thought this was a great sketch to use the mondo Paper Smooches sentiment from Pretty Phrases. I added some Kaiser Craft yellow pearls I picked up at my LSS yesterday. Hey, they were only $1 and each card has 4 or 5 different sizes. And they come in a lot of colors. *ahem*

To show you yes, I did try with the Washi tape:

The good news is: your project doesn't slide around a lot. I'll go back and try this again, maybe with different tape, or a different design. Something will be different, for sure.

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA: I WON! I WON! The ladies over at Unscripted Sketches selected mine as one of their Top 3! *blush*

16 comments:

  1. I think the paper was a good choice. The Washi tape might have made it a bit to busy. Love the pearls. I hope you got lots of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. Love the color scheme. So glad you could join us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't imagine there would be a lot of sliding around :) lol! Love the yellow pearls, and now I covet that PB & J paper even more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh i love the card and it's a brilliant take on the sketch, but i have to say i'm kinda lovin' the washi "elements" also... and hope they will turn up SOMEWHERE in the fullness of time!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Perfectly matching paper patterns.
    best regards M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Leslie, your card is definitely not dreary! I absolutely love these soft, calming, muted colors. I think you did a marvelous job with the sketch this week at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card dearly - love the mix of patterns! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that bold scripty sentiment ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this card I dont find it dreary at all... thanks for joining us at Unscripted Skeches..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the clean, simple design, just stunning. Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just HATE when the ideas you have in your head don't work out perfectly in reality. It looks like it's a great start, and can't wait to see what you end up creating with it. Wonderful card. So glad you played along with us at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and great papers I am so glad you joined us this week at Unscripted Sketches. I hope you play along again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were right about the sentiment, it looks great on this sketch! Thanks for playing along at Unscripted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card!! You have used pops of pattern to show off your sentiment and the simplicity of the sketch. Thanks for playing along this week at Unscripted Sketches : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your winning card! Love your take on the sketch and the lovely pattern papers you used. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)