Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SOS Challenge 46 - Punch It Out (sorta)

Yes, I'm late with this week's Shopping Our Stash challenge. Actually, I was out of town this past weekend and did it from memory, and, well, when you are as old as I am, memory fails you. This week's challenge is Punch It Out, and you must have at least two punched elements on your project.

So ANYway, I had a spur-of-the-moment road trip to visit my stampy pal Libby, and we planned to do our collective Creative Chemistry 101 homework together. We got quite messy! Along the way, I used one of my samples to make a card using punches for this week's challenge. This is what came out:

I'm fairly certain this would not count for the challenge since I used the same punch twice - not two different punched elements. So don't be like me, and make sure to add something else punched, too, okay?

The colored piece was one of the alcohol ink techniques from the class. I stamped over it with two stamps from a Hero Arts set, then layered it onto a piece of black on which I punched two rows using a Fleur de Lis punch (EK Success, I think). As a final touch, I stuck on two pieces of polka-dotted paper tape I picked up on one of our crafty shopping sprees. *ahem*

Now that I'm home, I'll try to get organized and post some more of my homework samples. They were a lot of fun to make, and I may have collected enough Ranger product to make me need to rearrange my craft room. I even played around and created a technique of my own by combining two of our lessons into one. :) So watch for them over the next week or so, or when I get to them.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Another fabulous technique! Glad you had fun and got down and dirty -errrr, messy - hmmm---inky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey two of the same works! Love the colors too- I have that border punch and I don't think I have ever used it more than twice...sad,eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those borders and all the color on the focal image. Polka dotted paper tape??? What?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great. Is the punch one way and then again upside down I think that's two different punched elements in my book. Love the ink techniques too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE love love. such pretty colors, and that pop of black - just wow.

    Glad you had a great time & that you made it home safe & sound!

    ReplyDelete
  6. duuuuuuuude! this TOTALLY counts, you've used TWO punched elements... the top border and the bottom border! (i used the same butterfly punch like 17 times... if your card's disqualified, so's mine, so there!!!) :) :) :)

    also... this is just SO DANGED COOL i would count it with no punches at all!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)