Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday Balloons

Part of today's Online Card Class lesson for A Cut Above was cutting vinyl with the Silhouette. Vinyl -- I haz it. I have a package of SU Basic Gray Decor Elements and a package of Chalkboard ... stuff ... somewhere.  I used the Basic Gray vinyl and cut out some balloons to make this:

I stuck two of the balloons to the die-cut multi-colored paper and I stuck the third one to a balloon die-cut from plain white card stock so I could pop it up for some dimension. The multi-colored paper (left over from my Creative Chemistry 101 class) was lurking on my desk just begging to be used, so I obliged and cut it with one of my Labels Fourteen Nestabilities. A little twine, a few glue dots and a sentiment = done! 

We also learned to cut different materials like fabric and sticky-back canvas, so I'm all set for weekend projects. Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool card. Love the use of the vinyl! Great to see you using stuff from the Creative Chemistry class... Very cool how you build on the various classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, so cool to put vinyl on it. I love cards that have other materials on them, adds fun textures.
    So creative of you. I want to see what the chalkboard looks like, is it dusty white?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card, I especially like the shadow created by the lifting the middle balloon. I knew I should have joined in on Tim's class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the vinyl on this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I love the vinyl on the card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)