Monday, April 16, 2012

Window Card

This week's challenge over at A Blog Named Hero is to make a window card. As I stood at my craft table tonight, I realized I don't remember making a window card before. But I started grabbing things off the right side of my table to use them up, and I got to work.

This is actually the second card I made. The first one was snarky and twisted and, well, I'll save it for last. :) So here's the second one:

 I used my SU Framelits to cut the green frame, the vellum layer and the opening in the card front. Here's the inside:

 I originally wanted the tree on top of the vellum, but vellum and I do not get along when it comes to adhesives, so I muttered a bit before I decided the tree could live on the inside. This also eliminated the pesky problem of having writing show through the window, because whoever uses this card (not me  - I don't send cards, remember?) will not write on top of the tree, so that issue is no longer ... an issue.

When the card is closed, it looks like this:

 Not bad, not bad at all.

Okay, ready for my first try?

Really?

Wanna see it?

.
.
.
Here she is:

A "window" card. Hey, it had to be done. It's crooked, and it's a mess, and it was too much work, and there's glue everywhere, so it won't make it off my desk, but I needed to share it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. i'm pretty sure you're awesome! LOL thanks so much for playing along with challenge #2...don't forget to share it at our blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhahaha - the second card is my favorite - it IS a window card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both cards but I love the second one. I seriously was going to submit a "window" card for the inspiration lot LOL I ran out of time to get the actual window organised though!

    Great job yet again Leslie!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. duuuuuuuuuuude! the window card TOTALLY ROCKS!!! ok, to be more accurate, BOTH window cards totally rock, but i really truly LOVE the one that is actually a WINDOW... & as for crooked... that's sorta what ours look like... so i feel right at home!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love the vellum window idea, makes you want to open the card to see what's inside even more because it's frosty! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great and I love your actual "window" - very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)