Sunday, April 29, 2012

TESC157 + Washi Tape

I warned you! I have Washi tape and I'm not afraid to use it! HA! The sketches I printed off to play with today all lend themselves to using the tape, so let's get started.

For this card I used the current Taylored Expressions sketch:


and the Embellish Magazine Tape Color Trends Challenge:


Can you believe I have NO YELLOW TAPE?! But that's okay, because I have one tape with yellow in it. I used these tapes:

 to make this:

 Now that I see it here, I'm not lovin' that yellow background. Or that it's out of focus. And at a wonky angle. Sigh. But hey, I think I got the tapes mostly straight, so there's that.

Details: Tape from the LSS and also cutetape.com. Doily from a MS tag pack. Butterfly from SU Summer Solstice set that I opened to use. Inks are SU Regal Rose and Basic Grey. Sentiment from A Muse Studio Essential Sentiments.

Okay, I'm going back in with more sketches and more tape. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Such a fun way to use those tapes! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Even with the (GAH!) pink on it. The butterfly is very pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh OHHHHHHHHHHHHH that is ♥FABULOUS♥!!! i think it's my favorite washi tape card i've seen EVER of anybody's in the whole world, including amy tangerine who has done some nice ones. but NOT as lovely as this... i love that it's bright & trendy but at the same time pretty and elegant! holy WOW!!! i want to just go sit and make one of these with every type of tape i have... which could take a while... but WOoOooOoOW... ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this? These tapes look so fun to play with and even better when used! I absolutely love what you've done with the sketch. Thank you for playing along with TESC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Leslie, washi tape is the perfect choice for the pennants! I love your take on the TESC :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)