Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Custom Design

I apologize in advance to any of my readers who don't have the Silhouette. It is not my intention to enable you, especially with something so spendy. I'm just so dang happy I'm learning how to use mine that I'm elated and need to share.

Last night I watched the A Cut Above online class lesson on how to make a custom Print & Cut design in Silhouette Studio. That's where you print something first, then have the Silhouette cut it out for you. I've played around with this before, but now I know so much more! (Hey, that rhymes! :D)

Here's my card:

 Nothing to write home about, but I drew that whole thing, from scratch. I did! Layered the circles, filled them with different colors, drew the banner, filled the different parts with colors and patterns, typed the words and filled them with colors I pulled from the banner patterns. Lookie:

Squee! I think the best use of this technique would be for party invitations or something similar. Not that *I* would make any, but still, I'm pretty happy. :)

Okay, now I need to go play with my Silhouette some more. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? Your designs are wonderful. Go you! Show me some more.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)