Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sketchy Thanks (sorta)

When I spied this CPS sketch:



 I had an idea. This effort would be another example of a morphed idea, and the card taking on a life of its own. Here's my card, then I'll explain:

You can sorta see the tiny part of my card that was inspired by the sketch. I forgot how small the SU Lattice die is, so all I had was a card part; nothing big enough to cover the whole card. I was sad.

My Authentique 6x6 pad was still out, so I used it to build the rest of the card around the part on the blue strip. And those lovely embellishments? I had to piece the black circle, and the embellishments cover the seams. :) I also think I glued my tweezers together trying to rescue the pearl from the center of the smaller of the two flowers. It was drowning in Glossy Accents. In the end, I just added another pearl on top of it. And I need to check on those tweezers.

The "thanks" was in my UFO pile, and I layered it onto a piece of black so you can seeee it.

Now that I look at this card, it's tres busy. Tres tres. I need to learn when to just stop. Maybe putting that blue strip on a card all by itself would have been a better plan. Or just the lattice by itself. Oh, well. In the end, I used up a bunch of remnants of black and pieces of my Authentique papers and that "thanks" UFO, so there's that. Not a total loss. Maybe someone's favorite colors are blue and black. You just never know. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Really fab, lovely papers and a great lay out
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Leslie :-)

    thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool - I love the bit in the middle.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)