Julie's instructions for a square card (with measurements) while simultaneously attempting to on-the-spot convert it to an A2 sized card. It was beautiful, and a resounding failure. It now graces the trash can.
I started over and followed the instructions that came with the class, because I know they would work. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll do the A2 version. WHAT was I thinking?!?!?
I still did it backwards, but I'll get to that in a sec. I also made it white, so it's impossible for me to photograph. Here's the card, then I'll explain:
Here's the card half-open:
The last thing I did was color the center heart with a silver glitter pen.
The papers are from The Heaplet, and now they are almost gone. So happy! :)
About that "backwards" part. I made the card base white, and did the whole inside before I got a clue about the outside. I actually thought about it over night. Today I decided to do white-on-white for the outside, so I inked up my now-open Impression Obsession Greenery Cover-A-Card background stamp with Ranger Embossing ink and heat-embossed it with white EP. Here you can see the card right after I did the embossing:
White-on-white is cool, but boring, so I decided to add a spot of color:
So there it is -- a marquee card. I think this could work for either a wedding or engagement. I can now say I've made one, and that piece of bird paper is mostly gone, too. I win! :)
Thanks for stopping by!