Monday, June 20, 2011

Stash-diving Continues

I'm telling you, I have been using more of the stash lately than I can ever remember, and it feels GREAT!

Yesterday, while looking for something in the closet, I spied a piece of paper from the Paper Source. You know, those Parent Sheets you can buy that will last a lifetime, unless you want to make 25 cards right away, that is. I hacked off enough of the green paper to make 3 of these:

I think it goes perfectly with the new SU Calypso Coral color, don't you? Niiiice.

Then I remembered this card by Lisa Spangler and set out to CASE it, but I got distracted and ended up making this instead:

I had a piece of Bazzill embossed striped paper I thought would be great to use as a wedding card. I did NOT want to stamp with Stazon (even though I love the smell of the black.) So I rummaged in my SU stash and found an unopened pack of Naturals textured card stock and grabbed the two pieces of white to use as the bases and also for the images and sentiments.

On this first one, above, I messed up and put the ribbon and birds too high, so it left a big, striped empty in the middle of the card. :( I added the three flowers in an attempt to fill it up and make it look like I meant to do that.

I made the second one with the ribbon and birds a bit lower:

I also used different pearls on the birds here. The first card has all small pearls, where on this one I used one big and two small. I like it better. Oh, and the pearls on the sentiment hide the holes that are part of the die. :)

For the third card I went all crazy and used vanilla ribbon instead of white:

I know, it can get really wild around here at times, can't it? The birds are Hero Arts, and the sentiment is from Paper Smooches. Both are cut with Nestabilities, and I'd check which ones, but I'd have to get up off the couch, and I don't wanna. I colored the hearts with a pink glitter pen, and I opted to leave the birds all white.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love that striped paper! Nice job on the cards. Oh crap - I swear I was going to answer your email WEEKS ago - yes, I still have the deep shadow box frames. Will tell you specifics tomorrow. (So very sorry I'm such a damn slacker!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only thing i ♥LOVE♥ more than your cards is your process... and then the documentation of it. awesome!!! :) (as are ALL of these cards, especially the bird ones, which--no disrespect to LS but i like yours better...the white on white background ROCKS!!!) ♥!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)