Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WOTT + a Golf Card

Time for another WOTT wherein I reveal the mess that is my crafty table. Please observe:

It's rare that I have fewer than 4 projects going at once. To prove it, let's do those numbers:

0. A pile of cut-apart Lattice parts from the SU die. I wanted to play with cutting them into different shapes and putting them together with different innards, and, well, I just never did anything with them. They've been here for weeks.
1. Inks. Lots of inks. My go-to inks.
2. Lots of 2s on this pic. These are the Copics I have out for the various projects in progress. If I put them away I'll forget which colors I was using and I don't have time to start over.
3. The pile of 3 matryoshka dolls I spent hours - HOURS - making and then decided not to use. I really should put them in my UFO drawer, but I haven't yet.
4. A pile of papers of printed-out cards for inspiration. I have my Stamp Camps this weekend and I'm still down 2 cards. I need help. A lot of help. On top of that pile of papers is a printed tape measure and some Dimensionals.
5. Another printed tape measure on top of a pile of printed digital images that are on deck for cards.
6 + 7. A butterfly stamp I used to make cards I may or may not send to someone, so they haven't been blogged + a punch I took out a few weeks ago and refuse to put away until I actually use it.
8. A collage I'm working on for the online class I'm taking from Claudine Hellmuth. I'm trying to grow that elusive collage gene. Oh, and those printed tape measures in 4 & 5 are extras, in different sizes, that I'm playing with (with which I'm playing) for that collage.
9. Another punch I took out like a month ago and ... see #7.
10. A CARD! A card that I made last night and is almost ready for prime time. It needed birds, so there it sat.

Okay, that's at least 4 projects in progress. I'm never bored. Never.

Now about that card that needed birds. Here it is (then I'll explain):

Once again, what seemed simple is never simple in my world. I needed some more Father's Day cards, so I took out my Taylored Expressions "Boys Will Be Boys" set and decided to use this image for 2 cards. I stamped the putting green image on white with the intention of die-cutting it, then I'd stamp the green again onto a piece of ... green card stock to add color and texture and interest and all that jazz. But then nothing fit around the stamped image to my satisfaction (out of a bazillion Nesties - I KNOW!) so I decided to cut it out. I'd already cut out the green greens, and now I was cutting out the white greens and the flags. If I had known I was going to do all that cutting, I would have just cut out the flags from the white parts and called it done. Sigh.

The green layer is a piece of Core'dinations Beach papers. If I was smarter, I'd dry-emboss that baby and sand it a little to reveal the color on the other side, but nope; I just wanted a greenish textured paper. It's how I roll.

The clouds and sun are MFT dies cut out of various scraps of felt and paper, respectively.

I then realized this is not a Father's Day card at all. It's just a golf card that could be used for Father's Day. You know what that means, right? I don't have to put it away and store it for 11 months if it doesn't sell! Whoot!

Oh, did you notice I'm using a lot of s-crap these days? Yes, I'm very proud. Don't forget we have a new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash today where we ask you to use a UFO (Un-Finished Object). Here's mine from this morning. (I know, two posts in one day. Bizzy bizzy bizzy.) :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)