Monday, January 20, 2014

A Merry LITTLE Christmas

The new challenge at Jingle Belles is to use inchies or twinchies. I know for a fact that I have both in my possession ... somewhere ... but they failed to materialize when I was making this card.  I was forced - FORCED, I tell you! - to go to Plan B, which was to fake it.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:



I could have used a 1" square punch, but since I sold all my square punches, I started looking for a square die. I have a bazillion of them, but I decided to open and use some Avery Elle Rounded Diamonds dies instead. I also tried to use the matching stamp set, but that effort failed. I'll link to it below anyway, in case you are weak and discover you need them like I did. Hey, I'm just trying to help, here ...

Then I measured the die, and it was *gasp* 1 1/4", not 1". FAIL! FAIL! Hopefully the Belles will see my effort was in the spirit of the challenge, and not disqualify me.

I broke out my Lawn Fawn Peace Love Joy 6x6 paper pack and took full advantage of the matchy-matchy papers. I was also lucky that the SU brad is sooooo very close in color to that red paper.

I followed this almost-two-weeks-old sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

I broke the square in the sketch into four parts for my card's "inchies".

Since I didn't use the coordinating stamps, they went back into the New and Not Used Yet pile, to be addressed at another time.

Wow, I'm two-for-two this year! Whoot!  Let's see how long I can keep this up. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU brad, 3/4" circle punch, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. I like it just the way it is. Inchies would have been to small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you say "fake it" but i think MAKING one's own inchies is, if anything, EVEN COOLER; plus these are soooo totally perfect for the card AND you've done a brilliant version of that sketch so i think it's time for a big, "WOOHOO!" all round! love this, for sure! (& yeah, we're not too picky about the actual dimensions of inchies & twinchies... it's more of a guideline, really!) :) :) :) HOORAY for miss leslie rockin' at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not faking it ... you're making it ... and making it fabulously! ... love those die cuts and the papers you used ... so very glad you celebrated a Merry LITTLE Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such peaceful colors. Love the way you created your inchies. That is a pretty cool die and yes, you may have enabled me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)