Saturday, January 11, 2014

One of My Better Days

I'm still unpacking, and may be unpacking for the rest of my life, but it does afford me the opportunity to rediscover a lot of my stash, and that can be quite inspirational. The other day I rediscovered one of my snarky sentiments, and decided I needed to use it. It's been too long here with no snark.

I knew exactly which image I wanted to use with it, but could I find it? No. I managed to unpack a few more boxes while searching for it. I finally found it in a bag on a shelf. This, people, is why I don't put things away. I knew exactly where it was in the other room, but once it was put away? Nope. But the good news is I did find it, along with a lot of other "missing" stamps, so STAY TUNED!

Oh, the card:


I love this woman, mostly because I can have her say just about anything. :) And I love her pink curlers and fuzzy slippers. I almost always paper-piece her house coat, which is a fun way to use up the 2" cuttings off my 6x6 papers. These are from Authentique's Renew 6x6 pad. I store my cuttings in the original 6x6 pads so I can use other coordinating papers when I get around to using them.

Here is the sentiment, up close and personal:


The sketch is from a card I saw on the Hambo blog:


I think it's perfect for using cute images and 2" pieces of papers, don't you? I love it when that happens.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Image of the lady is from Eat Cake Graphics, sentiment from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, Nestabilities Petite Ovals dies, SU Basic Black card stock, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Love that sentiment! Super cute card and that is a really great sketch! I've unpacked everything, but things are not in there place yet - I can't find half of my stuff either -I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love that card and what a great sentiment. I love the funny stamps like this. May I ask the company who the stamps are by?
    A person has no sense of humor if they don't like it.
    The elephant card is adorable.
    Enjoy your day
    ColleenB.
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that the snark is back! These are great and I look forward to future finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snarkier, the better! OMGee! Leslie I LOVE this card! Buahahaha! The image and sentiment go so brilliantly together! Looks like a shopping spree for these stamps are in my near future! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)