Tuesday, January 28, 2014

OCC: Stenciled - Okay, One More



I made one more card for my Stenciled Online Card Classes homework:


This time I sponged ink through a stencil, and I both offset it and flipped it over. The colors are Pale Tomato and Butter Bar. I was hoping to get Orange in the middle, and I did, partly because I didn't bother to clean the stencil between colors. I also on purpose made the colors lighter as I worked my way to the bottom of the card.

See how the orange triangles aren't perfectly aligned? I totally meant to do that! I kinda like the flecks of white showing.

The sentiment is stamped in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and clear embossed. I trimmed off the right edge of the top layer so I could add a strip of black washi tape to cut all the color and to coordinate with the black sentiment. I thought there were too many sharp corners, so I used my 1/8" Corner Chomper on the edges of the sentiment, top layer and card base.

I liked this class a lot. I think you'll see some of the techniques incorporated in future cards here. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: vat of clear embossing powder, Whisker Graphics Divine Twine, misc washi tape, and the following:



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors!! I agree-lots of great ideas in this class for future cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep 'em coming, I am enjoying it. I like what you did with the triangles here, and the washi tape is perfect on the edge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The technique looks easy and fun:!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a cool design! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bright colors made me pick this one out of the gazillion entries in the Stenciled to take a better look. Love the way you did this. Also delighted to see the OWH badge on your blog -- I love making cards for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so yummy, I agree this was such a fun class lots of new things to try.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)