Thursday, January 23, 2014

Belated Birthday

If I were smart, which some days I know I'm not, I'd only make belated birthday cards. You know that whole "I only make cards, I don't actually send them" thing ... it would be so much easier to just have belated birthday cards on hand for those times you see someone wish someone else a Happy Birthday and you realize you've totally missed it, again.

I was playing with my stack of undone challenges the other night, and ended up making this:


I broke out my Simon Says Stamp Party Banner die that has been grossly neglected. I cut the string and background triangles out of black, then cut the smaller triangles out of white and colored them with Copics. The long string thing was too long for the card front, so I cut it and hid the seam behind the button. I used the negative of the die-cut to line up the triangles ... you just know I'd get them crooked otherwise.

The polka dotted paper is from The Heaplet, and I like that it's a pale green-blue and coordinates with the other colors.

And that white die-cut under the button? It's another neglected die I re-discovered while thumbing through my dies. It's actually a buckle die, with a place in the center to thread ribbon or a strip of card stock. I only liked the outside edge, though, and I covered up the center with a button.

I kinda like this one. :)

I combined the current sketch from Seize The Sketch:


and these colors from Reverse Confetti:


I used a red-orange instead of pure orange, but that's okay, since I was merely inspired by the colors, and anyway, I didn't use any Reverse Confetti stamps, so I can't link up, but still ...

I like doing these challenges. I need to get busier and do more of them. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU black card stock, SU twine, paper scrap, and the following:



10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love that die cut and the colorful flags! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I like the black layer on the banner flags. Nice job covering up the seam in the string.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crow, Leslie! This card is all kinds of awesome! Love the colors you used, great take on that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours! The banner is really special too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should take that tip from you - my cards are ALWAYS belated! lol! I love the little heart, and brilliant save/cover with the button :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet belated birthday card, love that banner!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you...I should totally make a stash of belated birthday cards to have on hand. I'm always ALWAYS late with the birthday wishes! This is a super fun birthday card! I love the way the black outline of the banner and pennants really makes the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really caught my eye! I love your bright flags and the diecut around the button! Makes a perfect flower!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, you HAVE to use that banner die more. how darn cute is that!?!? love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)