Wednesday, January 29, 2014

OCC: Stenciled I. Can't. Stop.



I needed a quick generic card this morning, and I ... used a stencil. I know, I know, but there was one more technique I'd wanted to try, and the stencil was still out, and ... I made this:


I wanted to use Hero Arts' new Vanilla ink as one of the two colors, but it's only ordered and not yet arrived, so I used Soft Sand instead. Ya know, I kinda like it. :)

At first I hesitated using black for the stamped dots, but now I think I really like the stark contrast. I even played it up by adding a black layer and die-cut sentiment.

The sentiment actually disappeared into the busy background, so I cut a strip of white card stock to help break it up. I made it shorter than the taller letters on purpose since I thought a wider strip would be too much. It's popped up on foam adhesive, and I'm really happy with it!

Now I need to send this off with the package. Hopefully I'll put away these stencils now and do something else. Maybe. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:  SU black card stock, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. Don't stop, I like your stencil cards and I need more inspiration. This one is lovely and I like the black dots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Great colors. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to put down the stencils and back away... not yet anyway. I am enjoying seeing your creations. I think sand was a better choice for this card as I suspect the vanilla would have been too light. I like how you chose to bring the greeting out from the background--great design choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black “hello” and dots are perfect against the soft background. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly how I feel about myself. I worked this past weekend and wasn't able to make the cards until Sunday night. And I can't stop either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the black, and the die placement. wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those soft colors combined with the black is all kinds of awesome! Your card rocks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)