Monday, January 6, 2014

In My Heart

The other day I was playing with new stuff, and was determined to use my Simon Says Stamp Viola Sprouts die and make it an inlay. It worked!


I first die-cut the flowers from a white layer, then stuck that to another white layer so it had a back. I cut it again out of two colors of patterned paper, then glued the pieces into the openings. It was a beautiful thing. So simple to do, and it's very flat! :) I might have to play with a few more of my flower dies now.

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. That's very pretty. I like the inlaid die cuts, especially the ones with thin pieces like those flower stems. They are a lot easier to work with this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, i've been LOVING this technique generally, and i think this is one of the very most beautiful cards i've seen made with it! (LOVE the patterned paper flowers! they SO ROCK!) my main worry is: i will try it with the dies i have and instantly become convinced i need to go buy a lot more dies!!! like... starting with... THIS ONE! :) ack! danger! DANGER!!!! :0

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)