Sunday, January 12, 2014

Welcome, Baby (Dog)

This card happened because I needed - NEEDED - to own the Paper Smooches Dog Icon dies. I thought the paw inside the heart would be perfect for a doggie sympathy card. So, naturally, I made a completely different card once I got started. Don't you love how the mojo takes on a life of its own sometimes?

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


As I said, this was going to be a pet sympathy card.The first thing I did was go digging for my 12x12 DCWV Pet Stack that I've had forever and will probably last long after I am gone. I chose this piece of shiny green dog bones (yes, they really are green), cut a piece, rounded the corners, then stared at it with the heart in place. It was then I decided it needed to be more of a New Puppy card than a sympathy card.

I broke out my Simon Says Stamp Baby set and stamped the words in Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa, then clear-embossed them. The center of the heart and the banner with the sentiment are on a piece of card stock from a The Heaplet that I declared to be close enough to work here.

Since I used a piece of washi tape behind the paw to hold the die-cuts together, I stuck the heart to the sentiment banner with some Sookwang tape (the only stuff I've found that sticks to washi tape), and then decided the card needed a spot of color. I have a bag of silver dog bone eyelets. I picked one up with some tweezers, dipped it in blue pigment ink, then into some clear embossing powder and heated it to melt. While it was still hot I dipped it into the EP again. It's quite shiny in real life. I set it with my Crop-A-Dile, then popped the heart and sentiment up on dimensional adhesive and stuck it to the card front.

It's not often you see a dog baby card, but I think this would work for a new puppy, don't you? :)

I followed this sketch from Seize The Sketch:


Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: DCWV The Pet Stack 12x12, misc cream card stock, vat of clear EP, dog bone eyelets from The Eyelet Outlet, misc cream paper from The Heaplet, misc washi tape (on the back of the heart and paw to hold it together), SU Early Espresso card stock, SU dimensionals, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. This is a perfect new puppy card! I love the doggy dies...*must add to wish list*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is adorable, and perfect for a new puppy addition to any family.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)