Friday, January 31, 2014

Diagonal Birthday

I've been reviewing my list of challenges I hope to do some day, and combined two of them to make this:


The most difficult part of this card for me was getting the strip of diagonal card stock cut long enough. In the process I also trimmed the card down so it's less than 4.25" wide, but who knows at what point I stopped trimming. It's like cutting your bangs - just put down the scissors.  The rest of the card was simply gluing pretty paper to the black card base. I dug out my CAS-ual Fridays "Shenanigans" set for the bold birthday greeting.

The sketch is from CAS(E) This Sketch!:


and the chevrons are for the current Seize The Birthday challenge:

"Chevrons"

Easy peasy. Well, except for that diagonal thing ...

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU black card stock, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. It has a nice contrast with the chevrons and the diagonal strip. I love that sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It has taken me awhile to realize that when you go on the diagonal that you need a much longer strip that you think you need. I screamed at the chevrons on your card. I just love them. It makes the card more Happy Birthday festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That big bold sentiment, just makes the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of chevrons! Love the bold sentiment too!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that background paper! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun and great combo of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! Thanks so much for joining Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)