Sunday, January 26, 2014

Drink Coffee ... Do Stupid Things

Yesterday I mentioned a local coffee shop that has signs for which I have the stamps. That post used one of the stamps, and this card uses the second sentiment:


I chose this paper from the Basic Grey Persimmon 6x6 pack since the designs reminded me of how I feel when I've had too much coffee: a little wonky and out-of-focus. The coordinating papers are from the same pack. I didn't have a larger piece of the solid dark-dark blue, so in addition to the mat behind the sentiment, I used a patterned piece for the mat behind the orange layer. I think the pattern is small enough that it works, since I just needed a spot of color.

This was like a 5-minute card, people. A few layers, two die-cuts, bada-bing bada-boom. I love when that happens.

The layout for the card is loosely based on the previous/expired-but-still-a-sketch sketch from Seize The Sketch:


I said loosely ...

Time for more challenges -- I hope it's another productive day. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Mystery stamp (nothing on the wood block), Spellbinders Petite Ovals large & small, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love this sentiment and you chose the perfect, zingy paper to go with it.
    Thanks for the embossing advice. I didn't even know you could get different colours of embossing powder! Duh!! ;-)
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sentiment is perfect with that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper totally conveys the coffee jitters! Awesome! And you gotta love a quick card :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)